Thursday, August 5, 2010

getting acquainted

It was unusually hot for a Wednesday night in the city.


I didn't mean the 2 stunning "girls" sitting directly opposite us at the veranda of the boisterous Espressamente of the largest shopping mall in the golden triangle.


The one spotting a Farah Fawcet blondish hairstyle was so vain and totally enjoying the drooling looks from us and fellow passersby; regardless of gender. She's HOT but I really meant the ugly side of our year round summer bliss, the humidity!


The four of us were seated quite comfortably after several hours of retail therapy..... all eager for a place to rest our tired limbs and quench our thirst.


As yours truly is no fan of anything that consists caffeine, "a pick-me-up" booster made from honey, ginger and lemon, handsomely packaged in a petite orange bottle was my choice. Both the guys had their regular espresso shots, Illy is famed for making well whereas, Joanne decided on a mocha.


After regular accordance of niceties, exchanging hellos......we conversed mostly on a Leica M3. That camera was brought out to town by Azrul to entice enthusiasts like us. Lucky him, flaunting around something a friend had loaned him for a month as contra to some unsettled dues. You know how guys traded stuffs amongst themselves. It truly is so handsome, Joanne could not resist exploring every contour and buttons.


Putting down the Leica; presumably already done with her part of admiration, Joanne suddenly whispered to me, .....


" How can I have been so stupid all these while?"


I knew what she was referring to, and gave her my million dollar smile.


Our acquaintance dated back a year ago. We occasionally chatted online and shared similar interests in fashion and photography. After finishing her studies in Melbourne, Joanne stayed on and got her permanent residence in Australia.


Since she was making her yearly pilgrimage home; she scheduled a layover in Kuala Lumpur to meet me in person and celebrate her birthday with a few close friends.


I offered her a XIXILI Perfect Fit session and a set of her choice lingerie for her birthday. Out of courtesy, she obliged this shopping date with us but I could sense her disinterest and discomfort.


It was the longest walk from the valet drop off zone on the ground floor to the fourth floor where XIXILI is. Throughout, she was impressing me with the details of her budoir carrying a large inventory of brands like Lejaby, Elle Macpherson, VS etc.


I told her just spend 10 minutes with my professional fitter. Then we shall just grab the peach Lejaby bra she had an eye for. She can have whatever she wanted, those French lingerie was on offer here and we have exactly the size she regularly buys.


She winked in agreement and allowed Agnes, one of our professional fitters on duty that day to assist her on choosing a couple of brassieres that fancied her.


I waited.


10 minutes have passed. Agnes was walking in and out of the fitting room.


I waited.


Another 30 minutes have passed. Agnes was still walking in and out of the fitting room.


I waited.


55 minutes have passed. Agnes came out of the fitting room, both her arms stringing with brassieres.


Checked her stock, exchanged a few brassieres and looked for more suitable alternatives. Hurriedly back into the fitting room where Joanne was.


It was a pleasant wait for me outside in the boutique's  lobby lounge because I know Joanne has been uplifted on the importance of how a PERFECT FIT bra flatters her body profile.


Exactly after an hour, Joanne came out in a similar posture like Agnes.10 brassieres onto each of her arms. Gave me a very cheeky smile and asked if she could buy all those that she has been stringed on her.


For a start, Joanne actually only needed a few PERFECT FIT bras. Nothing could stop her though. I did not. She ended buying 12 sets that will last her till her next trip back to Malaysia.


Helped her to organise the selection to cater to all her daily and special occasion needs.


She needn't feel stupid for wearing a wrong sized bra for a long time to come.


I cheekily asked if I should wrap up the Lejaby and she burst out laughing to exclaimed a big NO!

Crescensia Bouquet, launched this summer.


If only more people get a chance to be acquainted with XIXILI.

No comments:

Post a Comment